With over 18 years’ experience in strategy and operations transformation, brings extensive experience of leading and executing business and technology change in finance, customer services, logistics and supply chain. Has a history of on-time, on-target and issue free delivery of major projects in corporate strategy, operating model design, systems development, shared services, acquisition integration, tax restructuring, ERP implementation and continuous improvement. A leader and hands-on team player recognized for a structured approach, creative problem solving and a focus on identifying and delivering change to increase revenue, reduce costs and improve quality.
Alexander Roan Consulting, Tokyo, Jun 19 – Nov 19
- 3-year strategic plan program manager for PersolKelly. Successfully delivered a baseline business plan meeting ExCo growth/margin targets plus special initiative plans incl.; 1. $50m saving centralization program, 2. A new digital business start-up plan, and 3. identification of $200m of acquisitions. Managed a team of 6, covering 12 countries across APAC;
Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting, Tokyo, May 18 – Jun 19
Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations
- Business development – led $3.7m sales within 9 months (3 engagements) and established long-term relationships and engagement plans with key target clients.
- Led a supply chain strategy review covering planning, production execution, procurement etc. and developed a corresponding negotiation playbook and negotiation support for dealings with 3rd party manufacturers for Unilever. Resulted in multi-million $ savings.
- Led the planning and 3rd party partner selection for a large scale offshore outsourcing deal (affecting >300 people). Successfully delivered a signed deal with an appropriate partner;
- Led the development of a 5-year strategy (incl. operating model & business case) for shared services & outsourcing for a Coca-Cola. More than $100m cost savings identified;
Alexander Roan Consulting, London, Nov 12 – May 18
- Deloitte UK –
- Developed a new finance target operating model including; voice of the customer analysis, process taxonomy, organization design, business case and roadmap;
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Project managed the group finance half year close & report and a fast-close initiative. Delivered an on-time, accurate half year report on an accelerated closing schedule.
- Project managed the group finance annual close & annual report. Delivered an on-time, accurate full year annual report to the market with no material revisions.
- Deutsche Bank
- Process governance owner for record to report and SME for BPMN and Lean CI;
- Process governance owner for source to pay. In both roles delivered end to end mapping of the banks processes covering inputs, outputs, process steps, systems and controls. Also coached change projects on continuous improvement.
- Johnson Matthey
- Led the strategy phase for a global standard process model and ERP design for finance, manufacturing, sales, logistics. Also led the 3rd party systems integrator selection process and developed a finance maturity model.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, London, UK, Sep 08 – Jun 12
Senior Manager, Finance Effectiveness Systems
- Finance systems lead for target operating model for Heineken. This included a process taxonomy with FTE allocation, organization model, location study, SAP solutions architecture, business case and implementation roadmap;
- Transition services manager for services agreed under the sales of equities and investment banking from Lehman Brothers to Nomura during their administration. This involved negotiating and documenting the services agreed with Nomura, then managing the service provision which included execution of financial transactions (closing positions) and the provision of IT infrastructure and business applications:
- Solution architect for the planning and reporting architecture for the BBC (SAP and other systems);
- Analyst – SAP ERP implementation quality review for Kingfisher’s global standard finance process design. This was a detailed review covering process design and SAP configuration;
- Finance systems lead – Created a new management reporting data model for Diageo. This included financial and non-financial data for global planning & reporting. Held workshops & interviews to capture information requirements across the business for the full data model and key underlying requirements including chart of accounts simplification, profit centres & cost centres hierarchies and decision decisions for SAP NewGL and SAP BPC.
Accenture, London, Jun 07 – Feb 08
Manager, Finance & Performance Management
- Finance systems lead for AXA’s european shared service centre design & business case. Delivered a multi-million $ saving target operating model (resource model, organization design, process taxonomy, systems architecture and roadmap);
- Finance systems lead, design of a major UK bank’s SAP-based application architecture.
Procter & Gamble, Newcastle, Sep 00 – Mar 07
Systems Manager, Global Business Services
- Program manager, global supply chain systems upgrade, managed 4 regional PMs, ECC6.0 / Unicode;
- Overall leader for the Gillette Russia post acquisition integration; Covering 3 plants, 2HQ, DCs & SOs, Team size of 50 people + $1.4m SI contract. Key scope included processes & systems & people integration, harmonize trade terms, creation of a single order pad, re-modelling of supply chain;
- Led the a) rollout of global shared services, b) corporate restructuring to a regional entrepreneur model and c) SAP ERP implementation for the Balkans (Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia). Covering 1 plant, 1 HQ and several sales office, Team size of 50 people. Systems scope included finance, procurement, production planning, sales & distribution, and business intelligence;
- Led the development of a new methodology to execute ERP programs in 4 months for small markets and simple business units;
- Led the development of a new Intrastat reporting system;
- Led the EU enlargement compliance work. On 1st May 2004, 15 new member states joined the EU. Tax, expert papers and invoices were adjusted across 25 EU countries;
- Led the upgrade of the Global Pharma business ERP systems covering 3 plants, 1 HQ. Team size of 5 people covering SAP FICO configuration as well as CoA simplification, CC / PC hierarchy re-design and interfaces to other systems;
- BA – EMEA SAP / restructuring projects;
- Purchase to pay product owner; delivered workflow scanning/approval and EDI invoicing initiatives:
- Led the clean-up and migration of 120,000 vendor accounts across EMEA from old to new ERP systems.
University of Strathclyde Glasgow, Scotland,
2000 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
|Skills & Training|
- Technology: VBA, C, Java, SQL, SAP (FICO, ALE, workflow and S/4HANA conversion), ITIL
- Business / Process: Lean, 6 sigma, BPMN, CIMA foundation, IBCS
- Project management: SDLC & Agile.